Dne 18. 09. 20 v 12:37 Petr Pisar napsal(a):
> On Fri, Sep 18, 2020 at 10:42:00AM +0200, Vít Ondruch wrote:
>> This is not about nagging maintainer for the purpose of nagging them.
>>
> Filing the requests en mass is exactly nagging for nagging.

This might be misunderstanding, but I have never proposed filling
request en mass. I have proposed to have process to remove package when
somebody is in doubt it provides any value.

>  But
>
>> I feel exhausted seeing again and again packages which are very likely
>> broken,
> if the package is broken, then file a bug. That's a completely different
> case.
>
>> serving no purpose.
> That's a strong assertion. I hope that you know that a non-existance is not
> getting proved by claiming "I think there is none". But again, if you don't
> like the package, file a bug with the explanation why you think it should be
> removed.
>
>> I feel exhausted seeing that these packages pull in dependency chains which
>> are not possible to be updated or removed due to them.
>>
> If you need to update the dendency, then update the dependency and report
> a bug against the then broken package. See openssl package for an example.
>
> All I want to say that these issues should be handled case by case. There
> should be a reason for each of them and the bug report should be tailored to
> that case.

I agree with that and proposing that once the bug is filled, there
should be a way for the reporter to finish the job what the reporting of
bug starts. So your worries are not justified.

Vít