On Fri, Oct 9, 2020 at 4:16 PM Marius Schwarz <fedora...@cloud-foo.de> wrote:

> Am 09.10.20 um 13:18 schrieb Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos:
>
> LIBCCID_ifdLogLevel=0x000F pcscd --foreground --debug --apdu
> --color | tee log.txt
>
> This the unchanged output:

> 00492770 [140407774111296] auth.c:137:IsClientAuthorized() Process 33529
> (user: 1001) is NOT authorized for action: access_pcsc

^^^
What's this process? (you'll need to figure in your current system)

> Main-problem with it: ABORT just loops to the same requester again and again,
> resulting in an endless loop
> First thing to change to pcscd, accept an abort for what it is and don't ask
> again.
> That would solve the major problem, still anoying, but at least it doesn't
> stop the session login.

What you see is not coming from pcscd. This is a polkit dialog you are
seeing because the process above in your system decided to do some
actions on smart cards. pcscd has no way to know whether that's a new
or a repeating request.

> Second thing to chance: just ask, if a usable hw is found. Asking permission
> for an impossible task is the definition of madnes
>
> Back to your request to change the policy:
>
> I don't see any restrictions for remote access.  ( F33 has same as
> https://pastebin.com/Mn8mzjVp )
>
> <allow any>auth_admin
> <allow_inactive>auth_admin
> <allow_active>yes
>
> and I have no clue, besides setting those above to "no", which had the hoped
> result(tested), how to change the file to ignore or skip the request it
> generates via polkit when gnome starts.But I'm pretty sure, changing the
> policy file, just makes thing unusable in case a smartcardread is really
> available in the system.

Try setting the access daemon part from auth_admin to yes. Does it
address the issue?

> As all the opensc tools supplied just return "No smart card readers found.",
> an invoke of the accessrequest should only be made, if a smartcard is really
> accessed and not everytime someone logs in.
> And from what i can see on the net, you're the man who knows the answeres ;)

Unfortunately I don't :)

regards,
Nikos