On Mon, Oct 26, 2020 at 3:57 PM Leslie S Satenstein via devel
<devel@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Thank you all.
>
> Is it worthwhile putting compress=lzo  for root. Without concern, I have done
> it for /home.

It'll be hardware and workload specific whether to compress and what
algorithm to use. Note that the mount option is file system wide, it's
not restricted to a specific mountpoint/subvolume.

If you want more granular settings, see 'btrfs property', which can be
applied per subvolume, directory or per file. It is possible to
specify an algorithm. But is not yet possible to specify level, set it
recursively or unset it once set.

--
Chris Murphy