On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 12:43 PM Vitaly Zaitsev via devel <
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On 17.11.2020 09:46, Felix Schwarz wrote:
> > I think this is the root cause and a real problem (I complained about
> > this myself several few times on this list).
>
> Yes, ofc. I've submitted multiple PRs. Some of them haven't been merged.
> Later I got these packages through the Non-responsive maintainer
> procedure, manually merged the PRs and pushed to updates.
>
> > Instead we should start thinking about ways to actually fix the root
> cause problem (and also how to integrate Fedora packaging much better with
> actual users, hopefully "converting" some users into packagers).
>
> I think it will be very difficult. Many maintainers simply don't have
> enough free time and their packages haven't been updated for ages. They
> also don't check email and never accept pull requests.

Radical and likely overkill idea...

Require CLAs be renewed annually. If they don't respond within a certain
amount of time, the non-responsive maintainer process is automatically
initiated (or another process/workflow that doesn't yet exist).

Thanks,
Richard