On 11/21/20 4:05 PM, Neal Gompa wrote:
On Sat, Nov 21, 2020 at 4:57 PM Tom Seewald <tseew...@gmail.com> wrote:

So has this essentially been decided on by the working group? If not, what
concerns would be listened to?

Well, the idea would be for us to put it into Rawhide and do a series
of test days/weeks to get feedback and close any remaining gaps. If it
doesn't manage to pull through by beta freeze, then we would revert
and push it back to Fedora 35.

I feel like for something as fundamental to the desktop experience as audio a few test days would really expose all of the pain points. At least personally my uses of audio vary quite a bit day to day and week to week, especially in the current environment.

I would be a lot happier if there was a documented way to enable this for F32 / F33 so the brave could try living with it for a prolonged period of time.