On Wednesday, December 16, 2020 7:15:21 PM WET Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> Creating the dependency graph by hand is fairly tedious, but maybe I'm
> missing an automated way. The point of creating that graph is to avoid
> wasting time and power doing and redoing builds that will fail until
> something else has been built (which is the problem with mock's
> --chain command, if I understand correctly).
>
> Once I have that graph, I use Make to control the process, because it
> handles the dependency graph, as well as parallelism, and not
> rebuilding things unnecessarily.

If I am reading it right this is a task for "Fed Brunch":
https://github.com/juhp/fbrnch#readme

Jens Petersen did a presentation about this at Fedora Nest this year, the
package is available in copr:
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/petersen/fbrnch/

Honestly I have not yet tried it. I have been busy with other projects but
this seems to fulfill some of your specifications.

Regards,
--
José Abílio