On Tue, Dec 22, 2020 at 3:44 PM Adam Williamson
<adamw...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Perhaps we need a process for cleaning up membership of this extremely
> powerful group?

Yes, please.

I'll even go out on a limb and propose a process...

> At a point (TBD) in each release cycle members of the provenpackager group
> who have not submitted a koji build in the last six months will be contacted
> via their @fedoraproject.org email address to verify that they should remain
> in the provenpackager group. If they do not acknowledge within two weeks,
> they will be removed from the provenpackager group.

I'm not particularly tied to any of the values above, but it's a
start. Arguably, it should be more than a "yes, please keep me in",
but we can see how it goes for a few releases before tightening it
down. I'd like to make it minimally annoying to start, but something
more than we have now. I'm also open to other mechanisms other than
email (and the list could also be shared to devel-announce to help
make it more visible).

I don't really care where in the cycle we do it. I don't think one
spot is particularly better than another. I assume FESCo won't approve
anything before mid-January, and it's probably good to start this
sooner rather than later, so maybe around branch day (9 Feb for Fedora
34) is as good a place as any?

--
Ben Cotton
He / Him / His