On Friday, January 8, 2021 3:38:44 PM WET Christoph Karl wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> I want to un-retire the package python-pyswip.
>
> According to "dead.package" the reason for retiring this package is/was:
> "SWI Prolog (package pl) has been retired from Fedora, this package
> provided Python bindings for SWI Prolog."
>
> I checked this with Jerry James (maintainer of SWI Prolog (package pl):
> To his recall, the former maintainer of that package retired it on the
> same day that he saved SWI Prolog from being retired.
>
> PySwip seems to have an active upstream.
>
> For me a Python/Prolog bridge has two advantages:
> *) Easier to learn Prolog because I am familiar with Python.
> *) Possibility to extend Python with Prolog-reasoning.
>
> Best Regards
> Christoph

Hi Christoph,
  since the package was retired for so long it needs to be re-review again to
be un-retired.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Orphaned_package_that_need_new_maintainers

Retired Fedora packages (master/devel/rawhide branch retired) require a re-
review if they are retired for more than eight weeks or if there is no
previous review of the package. Submit a review request (a new bugzilla
ticket) and have the package approved by a reviewer as if it were new to
Fedora. See the package review

The package was retired in May of 2019 and so this applies here.

Best regards,
--
José Abílio