On Sat, 2020-12-26 at 20:39 +0000, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> Hi,
> For me the most time consuming is monkey updates packages like kde
> apps, which every month or two we have a new release ( kde app
> 20.04.1 20.04.2 20.08.0 , 20.12.00 etc )
>
> I did some scripts to automate my builds , we got some software like
> https://github.com/fedora-infra/the-new-hotness/
> but the more I do, I always some variables that are different from
> project to project , we need to know the version number, we may need
> to download more than one source, we may need drop patches that we
> know that are already upstreamed, not all the package are build in
> same branches so we need to know what branches we want update , we
> may have to add buildroot-overrides, we need add build to bodhi and
> fill some information , we need close bugs create made by hotness or
> other users etc
>
> Examples of my scripts are usually in packages sources like
>
> https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/virtualbox-guest-additions/blob/master/f/update_vbox.sh
>

> or (in attachment) scripts in very quick-and-dirty style

Have you tried rebase-helper? [1] It won't solve everything, but you could find
it useful.
However particularly in case of virtualbox-guest-additions there is an
issue with the extra "a" in source name. I'm open to suggestions on how
to deal with that :)

Regards,
Nikola

[1] https://github.com/rebase-helper/rebase-helper