On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 07:37:23 -0500, Pavel Valena wrote:

> Hello,

Hi Pavel,

Thanks for chiming in.

> I'm afraid I'm the only one left who's currently active.
>
> <snip>
>
> Let me repost what I said in the issue:
>
> If it's up to me (as there're no notes from the other/previous
> maintainers), feel free to migrate the content.
>
> I'd be hower sad to see the current functionality to go away, mainly:
>
>   -  mentions of individual page's authors

How important is this and what function does this serve? Is the idea
that the listed authors serve as points of contacts---they're in-charge
of the information on the page?

I don't think this is currently a requirement of the docs, but depending
on how important this is, we could look into whether the Antora system
allows this. Of course, one can go to the git history of the page etc.
to see who edited the page and so on.

>   -  edit button on the page, leading to directly editing the page

The docs have this. If you click the "Edit this page" link in the top
right corner, it takes you straight to the source of the page in the
respective Pagure repository.

>   -  web editor
^
Pagure has a web-editor too. When you click "Edit this page", you'll see
multiple options "Fork and edit" (or "Edit in your fork" if you already
have the fork) will take you to the web-editor on Pagure.

>   -  no git knowledge needed to submit changes

Could you clarify on this? One has to fork and open a PR to contribute
to the devportal too, right?

> Unfortunately, I don't have any spare cycles to do anything like that
> (I don't have much for the maintenance either).

I think that's another reason to merge it with docs, which will be
managed by the community, both infrastructure and content wise.

--
Thanks,
Regards,