On Tue, Mar 9, 2021 at 2:34 PM Ben Cotton <bcot...@redhat.com> wrote:

> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Fedora_Linux_in_os-release
>
> == Summary ==
>
> "Fedora" is the name of our project. Our general-purpose Linux
> distribution is "Fedora Linux". Let's refer to it that way in the OS itself.
>
> == Owner ==
>

> * Name: [[User:mattdm| Matthew Miller]]
>
> * Email: mattdm At fedoraproject.org (bugzilla: mattdm AT redhat.com)
>

> == Detailed Description ==
>

> This change isn't big — it is simply expanding

> * <tt>PRETTY_NAME="Fedora Linux [##] ([edition or spin])</tt>
>
> in the file <tt>/etc/os-release</tt>.
>
> The short identifier <tt>ID=fedora</tt> will remain the same, so scripted
> interactions should be unaffected.
>

> ...snip...
>
> == Release Notes ==
> Note: Fedora is made of people! When used by itself, the term "Fedora"
> refers to the Fedora Project. When referring to our work, please use either
> the OS distribution as a whole.

This doesn't really sound like something that gets included in a software
release notes page. Can we have a technical description in the release
notes as well please? It would be good to explicitly say that the
key changed in the release notes, and the format/structure of the new keys
in the file.

-Ian