On 2021-04-01 at 15:54 -0600, Jerry James wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 9:13 AM Łukasz Posadowski
> <m...@lukaszposadowski.pl> wrote:
> > Thank You. It should be really helpful with VM migrations, by
> > tracking 3rd party packages and leftover dependencies. I'm
> > trying to
> > run it on RHEL 8 and it is working on Python 3.8, but not on
> > 3.6. I
> > think I'll have to rebuild python-rpm for 3.8 first, then.
>
> I've just checked in a fix for a bug in the rpm input that might
> have
> affected RHEL 8.  I have not actually tested on RHEL 8 at all, so
> maybe not.  In any case, if it still fails to work, would you mind
> filing an issue on pagure and I'll look into it?
>
> I also just checked in a dnf input for depict, which may be more
> your liking anyway.  For the moment it has exactly the same set of
> options as the rpm input, but that will change in the not too
> distant
> future as I start to leverage some of dnf's features.

Thank, but nope. :) Python 3.6 is just too old for Your codebase.
For example, You're using Final from typing module, which was
introduced on 3.8. I will have to rebuild rpm bindings for Python
3.8, but python-rpm module is "buried" inside source package for rpm
itself.

I think I'll just use it with Fedora. Dependencies should be similar
enough.

--
Łukasz Posadowski