On 11.04.2021 03:12, Chris Murphy wrote:
As far as I'm aware, the only two things preventing sd-boot from
reading this directory is (a) this $BOOT currently doesn't have the
proper Extended Boot Loader partition type GUID, (b) it's ext4 and out
of the box the firmware can't read ext4.

That's why I use ESP (EFI System Partition) to store kernels and BLS configs.

After removing grub2*, kernel-install will start using /boot/efi/loader/entries directory and everything works fine.

Installation manual:

sudo dnf remove grubby grub2\* shim\* memtest86\*
sudo rm -rf /boot/grub2
sudo rm -rf /boot/loader
cat /proc/cmdline | cut -d ' ' -f 2- | sudo tee /etc/kernel/cmdline
sudo chmod 644 /etc/kernel/cmdline
sudo bootctl --path=/boot/efi install
sudo kernel-install add $(uname -r) /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/vmlinuz

--
Sincerely,
  Vitaly Zaitsev (vit...@easycoding.org)