On Fri, Apr 23, 2021 at 3:38 PM Neal Gompa <ngomp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> To me, this sounds like an excuse to avoid doing the right thing and
> leveraging the toolchain that offers the highest quality code
> generation (performance, security, etc.).

I am not in favor of switching the distro (or any
package) to the compiler flavor of the month (llvm
this week, gcc next month, llvm six months from
now, etc.) to constantly be chasing the current
best toolchain.

And neither am I in favor of requiring packagers
to use a toolchain that upstream is not interested
in supporting (anyone should be free to spend
their time on such, requiring others to do so
does not sound like a good choice to me).