On Tue, 2021-04-27 at 20:03 +0000, Ravindra Kumar wrote:
> > This desktop file need to be replaced by the systemd-user unit,
> > IMO.
>
> Thanks Vitaly. We will look into converting it to systemd-user unit.
> I believe that would work for all other desktop managers as well.

Yeah, you might want to ship both a systemd unit and an XDG autostart
file for the time being. There will still be graphical desktops
environments which are not started using systemd in the foreseeable
future.

If you decide to ship both, please add X-GNOME-HiddenUnderSystemd=true
and X-systemd-hidden=true to the desktop file to prevent the service
from getting started twice.

If the ExitType= patch fixes this, then the problem is that the
generated service does not handle forking services right now and it
will work fine with systemd v249 and later.

Benjamin