Chris Murphy wrote:
> Does /etc/default/grub contain
> GRUB_ENABLE_BLSCFG=false
> ?

No, it says "GRUB_ENABLE_BLSCFG=true".

> There have been two big GRUB changes and if you followed them without
> any intervention or customizations, you get upgraded correctly. If you
> make customizations or opt out, then those are pretty much not tested
> by anyone. So you've probably discovered a bug.

I've customized the kernel parameters to unhide the boot messages to be
able to see what's happening when something goes wrong. I also need to
fix various problems at times. I always struggle to figure out the
proper way to update the boot menu or the initramfs when necessary. If
the instructions I found at some point in the past weren't quite right,
then I suppose I may have had some non-canonical configuration.

> Recreate /boot/grub2/grub.cfg

That file contains the outdated menu entries I described. Is there a
way to recreate it from the Dracut shell, or with the filesystem
temporarily mounted on another Fedora 32 system?

Björn Persson