On 5/14/21 2:50 PM, Martin Kolman wrote:
On Thu, 2021-05-13 at 20:09 +0200, Peter Boy wrote:

We discussed that in the Fedora Server Edition Working Group and
opted to leave it as is for the Server installation iso. A lot of
servers are running in a protected environment. And there are
situations when you need urgent access but do not sit at your desktop
and don’t have the key available. So let the server admin decide what
is best in a given installation context. In most cases it is the
current default (disallow password login)
Do those server deployments not have any users accounts other than root
? Creating a non-root user account, possibly with admin rights (all
possible from within Anaconda) would seem like a safer option for
accasional/emergency password based access to such machines over SSH.

I don't see, how this would any safer than directly using "root".

Ralf