Dne 14. 05. 21 v 16:58 Stephen Gallagher napsal(a):
On Fri, May 14, 2021 at 10:53 AM Vít Ondruch <vondr...@redhat.com> wrote:
Maintaining a separate branch for ELN requires us to do the following things:
* Create an `eln` branch for the package
* Exclude the package from the Rawhide auto-rebuild

This is not necessary as long as `git pull --rebase` works.

I'm not sure what you mean here. What I was saying is that we need to
make sure that the auto-rebuild doesn't attempt to build the Rawhide
content in the ELN buildroot for this package.

I think you are considering something like:

~~~

$ git checkout eln

$ git merge rawhide

~~~

I am talking about

~~~

$ git checkout eln

$ git pull --rebase rawhide

~~~

IOW if there is some commit on top of Rawhide, it will be preserved as long as it cleanly merges, which will be successful 99 % of time IMO.

Vít