On 5/24/21 12:33 PM, Vitaly Zaitsev via devel wrote:
> On 24.05.2021 12:30, Solomon Peachy wrote:
>> Not only is it possible, it's been done.
>
> For all existing printers in the world? I don't believe.

I would have a counter question - do you think that all existing
printers in the world which have a printer driver work correctly on
Linux? I don't believe. :)

OpenPrinting community plans to create printer applications for widely
known printer drivers, plus those applications can use your own PPD file
once you upload it to the application and the same is planned to do with
plugins/firmware (you will be able to use 3rd party plugins and firmware
with printer applications).

--
Zdenek Dohnal
Software Engineer