On Wed, Jul 7, 2021 at 2:00 AM Daniel P. Berrangé <berra...@redhat.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 08, 2021 at 02:30:42PM -0400, Michael Jeanson wrote:
> > I have started the process to update userspace-rcu to 0.13 in rawhide
> which
> > implies a soname bump to 8.
> >
> > From what I understand, the following packages will need to be rebuilt:
> >
> > device-mapper-multipath
> > glusterfs
> > knot
> > libntirpc
> > lttng-tools
> > lttng-ust
> > netsniff-ng
> > nfs-ganesha
> >

> > I have created a side tag 'f35-build-side-42347' and built userspace-rcu,
> > lttng-ust and lttng-tools. At this point I'm unsure what the rest of the
> > procedure is to get the other packages built in this tag and then get
> them
> > pushed to rawhide once it's done.
>
> Using the side tag for the builds of lttng-ust did the job fine for
> Fedora rawhide builds, but I'm seeing problems with the ELN rebuilds
> I'm getting spammed frequently by the failing libvirt builds for the
> ELN rebuilds. 8 failed libvirt builds, and another related 18 failed
> libvirt-python builds just since last night
>
> Most recent is
>
>   https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=71422991
>
> Looking at the failed s390x build logs:
>
>   https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//work/tasks/2991/71422991/root.log
>
> I see the tell tail sign of the soname bump
>
> Error:
>  Problem 1: package librados-devel-2:16.2.4-5.eln112.s390x requires
> librados.so.2()(64bit), but none of the providers can be installed
>   - package librados-devel-2:16.2.4-5.eln112.s390x requires
> librados_tp.so.2()(64bit), but none of the providers can be installed
>   - package librados-devel-2:16.2.4-5.eln112.s390x requires librados2 =
> 2:16.2.4-5.eln112, but none of the providers can be installed
>   - package librados2-2:16.2.4-5.eln112.s390x requires
> liblttng-ust.so.0()(64bit), but none of the providers can be installed
>   - conflicting requests
>   - nothing provides liburcu-bp.so.6()(64bit) needed by
> lttng-ust-2.12.2-4.eln112.s390x
>   - nothing provides liburcu-cds.so.6()(64bit) needed by
> lttng-ust-2.12.2-4.eln112.s390x
>

> librados-devel can't be installed because librados2 can't be installed
> because liblttng-ust can't be installed, because it depends on the
> old soname of userspace-rcu.
>
> Looking at koji logs, I can see the most recent build of userspace-rcu
> version 0.13.0-2 which has the soname bump:
>
>  - rawhide: 2021-06-08 16:10:21
>  - eln112: 2021-06-23 15:17:36
>
> while the rebuilds of lttng-ust were:
>
>  - rawhide: 2021-06-08 17:31:22
>  - eln112: 2021-06-11 19:52:32
>
> So the rebuilds in ELN were not only in the wrong order, they were
> weeks apart in the wrong order.
>
> According to this proposal to fix ELN, the side tag builds  are all
> run in parallel. Obviously this relies on luck to work, but in this
> [...]

Fixed, including libvirt built on eln.

I can't wait for the new way of doing ELN builds.

It looks like userspace-rcu-0.13.0-2.fc35, lttng-ust-2.12.2-4.fc35, and
several other packages were in a side tag from June 8, until June 23.
At that point, they were all tagged into f35 and all built at the same
time.  *sigh*
I've only fixed lttng-ust, so that libvirt would build.  I haven't had time
to look at the rest yet.

Troy