On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 03:58:46PM -0000, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Thank you for your decision to destroy Silverblue, the best thing Fedora has
> done in the last 10 years.

Um. This seems a little over-dramatic.

> If another vendor like Ubuntu or Docker were to do this kind of surprise
> filtering of apps, Fedora would attack it and write long blogs taking a
> stance on user choice and against vendors using their influence to spread
> vertical monopolies. But I guess it's OK if Fedora does it?

The policy is there for a reason -- we can't include arbitary software in
pre-configured repositories. This is a way to broaden what can be available
out of the box to users. That does not seem, to me, like the end of the
world you are painting it to be here.

--
Matthew Miller
<mat...@fedoraproject.org>