Thanks for the explanation, Adam.  I'll let the process play out as it will...

        Steve

On 8/24/21 5:02 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
On Tue, 2021-08-24 at 16:47 -0400, Steven A. Falco wrote:
Yesterday I produced a fix for the KiCAD packages, and made builds for f33, f34, f35 and
rawhide.  In f34, it got enough karma to move to "stable".  In f33, it is
likely to have to sit for a week.  The f35 and rawhide builds went straight to stable
yesterday.

Should I edit the criteria in f33 so I can mark it stable before the 7 days
elapse, or should I let it wait?  It seems weird that one release would have to
wait longer than the other releases when the fix is identical for all of them.

If everything's working right, you can't, by policy. You can't push an
update with 0 karma stable until the 7 day wait period runs out.

It's not impossible for "the same" update to behave differently on two
different releases, due to differences in *other* packages. The new
version may work just fine on Fedora 34 but not work on Fedora 33
because some other package isn't new enough, or something.

There are cases where we can know that if it's OK on one it's almost
certainly OK on the others too, but it's not really reliably possible
to encode that in the policies.