On Tue, Aug 31, 2021 at 10:25:37AM -0500, Justin Forbes wrote:

> No, this was added to one build at the request of releng because
> composes are randomly failing in kernel-core %post. As we just call
> kernel-install, we first tried calling kernel-install -v, but that
> doesn't give much useful information because it doesn't seem to add
> any verbosity to the subtasks it runs. The 5.14.0-61 build was done
> last night to try and gather some more information for them, and the
> strace call is expected to disappear with the next build.  In fact,
> once they have run the composes and gotten the information needed, 61
> can be untagged, and 60 will be the same kernel without the debugging
> calls to kernel-install.  It should only impact the very few packages
> which have kernel-core as a buildreq.

Yeah, sorry to have confused anyone here. We were trying to track down
this anoying sporadic failure in kernel-core trigger/new-kernel-pkg.

Unfortunately, it caused this OOM issue on ppc64le, so it didn't in the
end help us much. I have untagged that kernel and killed the stuck
rawhide compose.

I'm going to see if I can get it to happen with scratch livemedia
against a sidetag with that kernel tagged in now. :(

kevin