Hi there,

On 2021-09-09 10:07 a.m., Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
On Thu, Sep 09, 2021 at 12:10:45PM +0000, Fedora Rawhide Report wrote:
OLD: Fedora-Rawhide-20210908.n.0
NEW: Fedora-Rawhide-20210909.n.0

===== DOWNGRADED PACKAGES =====
Package:      nginx-1:1.20.1-6.module_f36+12925+96924a12
Old package:  nginx-1:1.21.2-1.module_f36+12850+d1961063
[...]

1.21.2 to 1.20.1 ?

Looks like a bug in the reporting scripts maybe? Not sure.
I built new modules in the 1.20 and mainline (version 1.21.3 at this time) stream yesterday. So maybe the reporting script got confused.

The rawhide branch in Git looks fine to me. It has the latest stable version of nginx, 1.20.1 at this time, and the latest version of the specfile including the dynamic module changes from Neal.

If you simply compare NEVR then the latest version (1.21.3) lives only in the stream-mainline branch as the mainline branch is not considered a stable release train by upstream. This branch is only built as a module and shouldn't interfere with non-modular installs that only get the latest stable version.

Also, when I look at https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/nginx,
the description is:

[... lots of unformatted text from README.dynamic ...]

That is due to the fact that Pagure will try to Markdown render anything that starts with README. A recent commit adding capabilities to build dynamic modules out of tree added a file called README.dynamic that is not Markdown formatted. This is what Pagure picks up.

Thanks for pointing this out, I otherwise would probably have missed this.

Regards,
Felix