On 11/15/21 16:06, Steve Grubb wrote:
On Monday, November 15, 2021 8:23:59 AM EST Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski
wrote:
Well, nVidia refuses to support VA-API like Intel and AMD do and the
VA-API-to-VDPAU won't help because dmabuf support is still required.
So... tough luck:

I can confirm that nvidia acceleration works fine on Fedora:

# vainfo
libva info: VA-API version 1.13.0
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib64/dri/nvidia_drv_video.so
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_1_12
libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
vainfo: VA-API version: 1.13 (libva 2.13.0)
vainfo: Driver version: Splitted-Desktop Systems VDPAU backend for VA-API -
0.7.4

<snip>

# vdpauinfo
display: :1   screen: 0
API version: 1
Information string: NVIDIA VDPAU Driver Shared Library  495.44  Fri Oct 22
06:03:50 UTC 2021

<snip>

I use the negativio repository only because I need the whole cuda stack
including cudnn.

Please update the https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Firefox_Hardware_acceleration#Video_decoding_on_NVIDIA page. I don't have supported NVIDIA hardware so I can't test that.

Thanks.

--