Am 03.12.21 um 16:19 schrieb Steven A. Falco:
What is the proper procedure to escalate this?  Should I create a bug?

Either create a bug or write to this mailing list (as you did).

I use bodhi only to give simple feedback or post easy workarounds. The interface is not suitable for discussions.

Regarding your last bodhi comment [1]:

> @fschwarz, so I get it right next time, are the errors below sufficient to
> justify the negative karma?

Not sure which package causes the problem. I could update libjxl to 0.6.1-6.fc35 (which worked after removing the gimp heif plugin).

In general negative karma is not useful after the package went to stable. Just file a bug in that case and don't be afraid of filing issues which may get closed as "CANTFIX" or "NOTABUG". As long as you are respectful and employ common courtesy everything should be ok :-)

Felix

[1]
https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2021-ee6b5b458e#comment-2300180