On Mon, Dec 6, 2021 at 3:59 AM Vitaly Zaitsev via devel
<devel@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On 05/12/2021 04:07, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> > This breaks building RPMs for EPEL 8 or Fedora, because the '%doc' and
> > '%license' macros strip off the subdirectories of the files and
> > install them directly at the top of the docdir.
>
> You should deal with them manually.
>
> Example:
> https://github.com/rpmfusion/tg_owt/blob/master/tg_owt.spec#L124-L161
> https://github.com/rpmfusion/tg_owt/blob/master/tg_owt.spec#L178-L179

Simply put, "no". Manually organizing component names for more than
300 README files and more than 100 LICENSE files does not seem a wise
use of anyone's package compilation time.

If it's necessary, I could see doing something like this instead, or
using a local macro

      cp -D ansible_collections/foo/bar/baz/README.md
%{buildroot}%{defaultdocdir}/%{package}-%{version}/foo/bbar/baz/README.md

I'll still want to separate '%license" files from "%doc", which means
I won't just be able to use:

      %doc %{defaultdocdir}/%{package}-%{version}