On Wed, Dec 08, 2021 at 10:41:31AM +0100, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> On 08/12/2021 09:33, Dan Horák wrote:
> >On Wed, 8 Dec 2021 08:32:10 +0100
> >
> >[dan@t460 ~]$ rpmlint -I shlib-policy-name-error
> >shlib-policy-name-error:
> >
> >so yes, this needs further explanation :-)
>
> Ah, rpmlint-2.1.0-5.fc35.noarch apparently has some -e option instead of an
> -I option now (it doesn't appear to have a man page, though):
>
> >$ rpmlint -e shlib-policy-name-error
> >shlib-policy-name-error:
> >The package contains shared library but is not named after its SONAME.
>
> So the proposed package would presumably better be named libZXing rather
> than zxing-cpp.

The package could be also called just 'zxing' if we are expect that the
original non-c++ project will never be imported into fedora. It doesn't
really matter, 'zxing-cpp' matches the upstream name and is just fine.
Whatever you do, please don't add an uppercase letter in the package name ;)

Sometimes rpmlint output should just be ignored, and this seems to be
one of those cases.

> >[dan@t460 ~]$ rpmlint -I invalid-ldconfig-symlink
> >invalid-ldconfig-symlink:
> >The symbolic link references the wrong file. It should reference the
> >shared library.
>
> ...which still leaves it unclear which symbolic link is allegedly wrong,
> because the libraries and symlinks contained in the rpm look just fine:
>
> >$ ls -l usr/lib64/
> >total 1204
> >lrwxrwxrwx. 1 sbergman sbergman      17 Dec  7 16:26 libZXing.so.1 ->
> >libZXing.so.1.2.0
> >-rwxr-xr-x. 1 sbergman sbergman 1229720 Dec  7 16:26 libZXing.so.1.2.0

Yeah, it looks fine to me too.

Zbyszek