Anitya doesn't removing versions on it's own. This needs to be done by admin. The filter is just for the new versions that are retrieved by Anitya. This should be fixed in the future when The New Hotness will learn to work with pre-releases. I also plan to add new option to src.fedoraproject.org to notify only about stable versions.

Michal

P.S.: I removed the beta versions from Anitya project for you.