On Wed, Dec 29, 2021 at 8:52 AM Stephen John Smoogen <smo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Dec 2021 at 10:19, Tom Hughes via devel
> <devel@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>>
>> I don't see how this is FHS compliant, which in turn would make
>> it non-compliant with Fedora Packaging Guidelines, namely:
>>

> I am in agreement here and think that this is NOT a change to be made in F36
> but needs to be worked through the proper channels of 'upstream'. Get the FHS
> updated and fixed, work out that the change actually is going to be stuck to
> in SuSE and not rolled back and then push it to Fedora.

It's actually /usr/lib not /usr that applies here.
https://refspecs.linuxfoundation.org/FHS_3.0/fhs/ch04s06.html

And it's been worked through proper upstream channels for 4+ years.
Location
http://lists.rpm.org/pipermail/rpm-maint/2017-October/006722.html
FHS question
http://lists.rpm.org/pipermail/rpm-maint/2017-October/006697.html

There's a bunch of back and forth throughout. The rpmdb isn't really
variable data. It's static data that describes other static data.

--
Chris Murphy