On Wednesday, 3 November 2021 13.47.22 WET Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> Nice to see this going public, I will definitely be using it, thanks!
>
> And I'll shamelessly plug my copr with weekly GCC snapshots  ;-)
> https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/jwakely/gcc-latest/

Thank you for providing it. :-)

I have one question, how should we use it?
Case in point, I am using it to compile LyX in order to fix the issues raised
in rawhide.

In order to do that I configure LyX (using autotools) with:

path/to/lyx/configure --with-version-suffix=-devel CC=/opt/gcc-latest/bin/gcc
CXX=/opt/gcc-latest/bin/g++

in order to use the latest gcc.

Compiling I got an issue with a missing import. After fixing this it compiled.
The problem is running the resulting binary:

$ src/lyx
[1] 61542
src/lyx: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.30' not found (required
by src/lyx)

Any help here?

Regards,
--