On Wed, Mar 9, 2022 at 6:05 PM Richard Shaw <hobbes1...@gmail.com> wrote:

(snip)

> I'll add some context to these. I'm currently the primary maintainer of three
> major projects in the VFX stack, OpenImageIO, OpenColorIO, and OpenEXR. Do we
> really need i686/arm packages for these? No one is using the 32bit versions
> in industry. That being said, some of these are deps for end user packages
> that MIGHT be used on i686 or armv7 (Blender?), but if they are, it can't be
> a good experience.

I wonder how you think those end user packages MIGHT be used on i686
on i686 or armv7?
Given that 1) armv7 has been removed from F37+ entirely, and 2) we do
not ship any i686 packages to users (except for multilib on x86_64)?

> Another major package is FreeCAD, which is a 3D solid modeling project. I
> seriously doubt anyone is running this on an ARM device (even 64 bit) until
> workstation level arm devices are widely available. There could be a few i686
> users but not many.

Again, how? We haven't even had i686 kernels (let alone installable
Fedora images) since Fedora 31.

Fabio