Hi Jerry,

On Fri, Mar 04, 2022 at 05:23:40PM -0700, Jerry James wrote:
> This message is for those of you who have expressed an interest in
> packaging Facebook's Infer code analysis tool.  There is now a COPR
> repo available with, I think, all of the dependencies in it.  Create
> ~/.config/mock/fedora-rawhide-infer.cfg with these contents:
>
> ```
> include('/etc/mock/fedora-rawhide-x86_64.cfg')
>
> config_opts['root'] = 'fedora-rawhide-infer'
>
> config_opts[f'{config_opts.package_manager}.conf'] += """
>
> [infer]
> name=Copr repo for infer owned by jjames
> baseurl=https://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/results/jjames/Infer/fedora-rawhide-$basearch/
> type=rpm-md
> skip_if_unavailable=False
> gpgcheck=1
> gpgkey=https://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/results/jjames/Infer/pubkey.gpg
> repo_gpgcheck=0
> enabled=1
> enabled_metadata=1
> cost=10
> """
> ```
>
> I've only just started figuring out how to package Infer itself.  See
> the attached spec file for what I have so far.  I won't have time to
> touch it again for a few days, so if any of you interested parties
> want to take a stab at it, please go ahead.

This is awesome, thanks! I've just gotten round to un-fsck-ing some of
our OSS packages that cannot be built with GCC 12, so I'll take a stab
at this.

> Be aware that infer builds a modified version of clang, and that takes
> quite awhile.  Start a build, go have dinner, come back to see what
> happened. :-)  It would be interesting to determine whether any of
> their modifications are critical; i.e., can we use the Fedora build of
> clang?
Hmm. I'll try and retarget to use the normal clang, and if that mostly
works, I can ask the Infer developers internally.

Best regards,

--
Michel Alexandre Salim
identities: https://keyoxide.org/5dce2e7e9c3b1cffd335c1d78b229d2f7ccc04f2