On Thu, Apr 7, 2022 at 10:03 AM Jared Dominguez <jar...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 7, 2022 at 4:51 AM Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski
> <domi...@greysector.net> wrote:
>>
>> On Wednesday, 06 April 2022 at 21:35, Jared Dominguez wrote:

>> > This seems like a strong assumption to me considering that aside from the
>> > largest cloud providers (with whom Red Hat is directly working with on UEFI
>> > boot features and bug reports), cloud providers are using off-the-shelf
>> > hypervisors that support UEFI boot.
>>
>> OVH is not providing UEFI boot option at this time. I'd argue they are
>> a large hosting provider.
>

> Looks like they are using vSphere, which supports UEFI VMs. The same is true
> for KVM, Xen and bhyve, so it's more about what feature set cloud providers
> using these hypervisors are choosing to turn on.

OVHcloud is OpenStack based:
https://www.theregister.com/2019/04/29/ovh_adds_bare_metal_fighters_to_its_roster_looking_to_challenge_the_us_cloud_dominance/

However, OpenStack's UEFI support is seemingly broken. For example,
the OpenStack deployment I use at work fail to boot UEFI VMs when I
set the appropriate flags, which have existed since OpenStack Mitaka
(we're testing on Ussuri right now). According to internal research,
it *may* be fixed in an upcoming OpenStack release, but no one is
sure...