Hi. My package sstp-client (a SSTP VPN client) can be used on it's own,
but usually it is recommended to have also the NetworkManager-sstp
plugin. "Recommends" seems to be a good idea here as NM is usually
available by default.

However, there is also NetworkManager-sstp-gnome which adds an applet
for Gnome Shell. I'm reluctant to use "Recommends" here, as it would
propose an user to install the whole GNOME ecosystem (assuming LXQT or
something else it already used instead).

Is there a way to use "conditional recommends" to only propose
NetworkManager-sstp-gnome (e.g. when NetworkManager-sstp itself is
installed) if gnome-shell is already installed?

Marcin

--
https://blog.solidsoft.pl/ - Working code is not enough