On Wed, May 11, 2022 at 10:24:17AM -0400, Robbie Harwood wrote:
> Ben Cotton <bcot...@redhat.com> writes:
>
> > :Don’t prepend a potentially unsafe path to `sys.path`:
>
> If this is a safety/security issue, why not just make it the default for
> python itself?

Yeah, I agree. I think Python upstream should own up to the fact that
adding '.' to sys.path was always a mistake.

Just ask a random user: is

  echo 'import sys; print(sys.version)' >/tmp/test.py
  python /tmp/test.py

safe to execute on a multi-user system?

Zbyszek

P.S. If we can't get the proper fix, this Change proposal is better
than nothing.  So I'll vote +1 on the proposal. But I think we can do
better.