On Fri, 2022-05-13 at 10:27 -0400, Ben Cotton wrote:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/BIOSBootISOWithGrub2
>
> This document represents a proposed Change. As part of the Changes
> process, proposals are publicly announced in order to receive
> community feedback. This proposal will only be implemented if approved
> by the Fedora Engineering Steering Committee.
>
> == Summary ==
> Modify
> [https://github.com/weldr/lorax/tree/master/share/templates.d/99-generic
> lorax-generic-templates] to use GRUB2 when booting the boot.iso on
> BIOS systems, instead of syslinux. Upstream syslinux development is
> dead, and the Fedora maintainer would like to drop the package from
> the distribution. GRUB2 works as a replacement in most situations and
> continues to have upstream support.

So aside from my comment on the PR, my other note: what about live
images? Don't those use syslinux for BIOS boot too? There doesn't seem
to be any benefit in switching to grub2 only for boot.iso / DVD ISO if
we have to keep maintaining syslinux for live images. Or is the idea
that we'd drop BIOS boot support entirely from live images and people
who want to do BIOS installs are required to use netinst/DVD images?
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA