On 6/6/22 14:28, Stephen Smoogen wrote:

On Mon, 6 Jun 2022 at 14:07, Roger Wells <roger.k.we...@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

    we use pvcs here for CM and have for many years (~30).
    Currently we are using it on RHEL 7 & Fedora.
    On F35 (and earlier) no issues at all.
    On F36 (installed end of last week) some programs are not
    recognized and
    issue error message "not a dynamic executable" when examined with
    "ldd":
    any ideas?

I would check to see if there is an security issue as it saying `bash: /home/roger/pvcs/vm/linux/bin/mlcproxy: No such file or directory` either means its not there, or something going on.

thanks for responding,

It's there, and when copied to a CentOS7 machine runs fine.

1. stat /home/roger/pvcs/vm/linux/bin/mlcproxy
2. ls -lZ /home/roger/pvcs/vm/linux/bin/mlcproxy
3. file /home/roger/pvcs/vm/linux/bin/mlcproxy

Also not sure if you are meaning the code is 30 years old, but if it is, I would wonder if it was an a.out binary which I think was dropped from the kernel recently. https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Linux-Remove-a.out <https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Linux-Remove-a.out>

pvcs was actually first released 37 years ago.  This release, 8.6.3 is just a year or so old.  It works fine on F35

    which mlcproxy
    ~/pvcs/vm/linux/bin/mlcproxy
    [roger@rwells-x280 linux]$ mlcproxy
    bash: /home/roger/pvcs/vm/linux/bin/mlcproxy: No such file or
    directory
    [roger@rwells-x280 linux]$ ldd /home/roger/pvcs/vm/linux/bin/mlcproxy
    not a dynamic executable

Stephen Smoogen, Red Hat Automotive
Let us be kind to one another, for most of us are fighting a hard battle. -- Ian MacClaren

Fedora Code of
Conduct:https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/project/code-of-conduct/