On Thu, Jun 30, 2022 at 4:55 AM Kevin Kofler via devel <
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Daan De Meyer via devel wrote:
> > Which shows a smaller than 1% slowdown between the binary built with
> frame
> > pointers and the binary built without frame pointers.
>
> I am still strongly opposed to degrading performance and size for all
> users
> just to help the handful users of poorly-designed profiling tools.

I am coming a bit late to this discussion, but I would like to inject the
viewpoint that 'performance' (however defined)
isn't the only criterion by which we should just judge what Fedora
produces. At least for Fedora Workstation, being
a useful system for developers with working debugging and profiling tools
should have some weight too.

And I doubt that you'd be able to notice a 'smaller than 1% slowdown' on
your system.