On Fri, 2022-07-08 at 17:20 +0200, Vitaly Zaitsev via devel wrote:
> On 08/07/2022 16:14, Matthew Miller wrote:
> > And Microsoft is not the 1990s Microsoft. They know that
> > they need to do this differently and I know there are people (actual, real,
> > humans!) who care about open source and making Linux better for everyone.
> > And now that includes Lennart.
>
> No. Microsoft will always be hostile to Open Source, no matter what they
> say in public.
>
> For example, last week they decided to kill all OSS applications from
> the Microsoft Store:
> https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/vtxr9r/software_freedom_conservancy_heads_up_microsoft/

That's not what that story says. It says you can't charge for them.

Additionally, Microsoft says[1] the intent is not to stop F/OSS
developers from charging for their own software, but to stop others
passing off for a profit. I agree that the current proposed wording is
at least ambiguous, but it would seem reasonable to see if Microsoft
updates it as they say they will.

[1]: https://twitter.com/gisardo/status/1544741955145502724
--
Adam Williamson