Paul Wouters kirjoitti 23.8.2022 klo 3.07:

Hi,

I looked at fixing percona-xtrabackup and noticed it is staticly linking
to a bunch of libraries. These .a files are then removed in %install so
they are not shipped. It bundles a bunch of this stuff from its extra/ dir:

duktape  googletest  icu  libcbor  libedit  libevent  libfido2  libkmip lz4  protobuf  rapidjson  robin-hood-hashing  zlib  zstd

On top of that, it pins boost to a specific (older!) version and bundles boost
seperate via dist-git / sources :(

The relevant policy is Bundled software policy [1]. Unlike in the past, a package does not need a FESCo exception to bundle dependencies. However, the requirements of that policy are not being met here: The reason for bundling should be recorded in the specfile, and Provides: bundled(x) = 1.2.3 should be included.

[1]: https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/fesco/Bundled_Software_policy/

I've just fixed it up in the same bad way, making it link to the old
openssl just to get it past F35FailsToInstall for rhbz#1989019. It is
going through rawhide and the branches now. But I think perhaps this
package should be removed from rawhide.

This package clearly breaks a lot of packaging rules, so I was
wondering if there was ever any exception of some kind given to this
package? I will definitely look at $dayjob migrating away from this,
eg see if myhoard or mariabackup can be used instead.

Any feedback would be appreciated, as it seems the maintainer is MIA.

If the maintainer is not responding, you should invoke the Non-responsive maintainer policy [2]. This package has CVE bugs open [3], so most probably it should eith be retired, or somebody should start caring for it.

[2]: https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/fesco/Policy_for_nonresponsive_package_maintainers/ [3]: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&classification=Fedora&component=percona-xtrabackup&product=Fedora&product=Fedora%20EPEL