Dne 06. 09. 22 v 20:28 Ben Cotton napsal(a):
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/NodejsRepackaging

This document represents a proposed Change. As part of the Changes
process, proposals are publicly announced in order to receive
community feedback. This proposal will only be implemented if approved
by the Fedora Engineering Steering Committee.

== Summary ==
We are reworking the Node.js packaging to make Node.js versions
available as parallel-installable packages.

== Owner ==
* Name: [[User:SGallagh| Stephen Gallagher]]
* Email: sgall...@redhat.com

== Detailed Description ==
We will be creating the packages nodejs-16, nodejs-18 and (in April)
nodejs-20. These packages will be parallel-installable (with the
exception of the -devel subpackages) and provide
`/usr/bin/node-$MAJOR`. We will also take advantage of the
`alternatives` subsystem to populate `/usr/bin/node` from the default
Node.js version for that release, or if the default is not installed,
the highest currently-installed version.

Notes:

* The default in Fedora 38 will be Node.js 18. If a user was to
install Node.js 16 and Node.js 20, but not Node.js 18, then Node.js 20
would provide `/usr/bin/node`
* The policy going forward will be to have the most recently-released
version of Node.js at the time of Fedora's expected Beta release date
be the default for that release throughout its lifetime.

Is there going to be `nodejs` nonversioned package? I hope it will. The version numbers are annoying.

Also, it seems that you assume that nodejs- packages will work just fine with different versions of Node.js, then what is the point of having multiple versions of Node.js around? Why not have just latest?

Vít