On 10/12/22 13:03, Sébastien Le Roux wrote:
Dear All,
I joined the packaging team recently, or should I say I joined the mailing list, since for the rest I am still looking for a sponsor and all that ... anyway I want to share few ideas with you ... In my first messages I highlighted that the documentation might need some updates / improvements,
for the newbie that I am parts of it were / are still confusing.
There is some documentation scattered online. Quite a lot of discussion is on mailing lists also. Maybe the following tutorial will be helpful:
https://jamezone.org/pleasure/software/Fedora/packager/

If anything else comes to mind while I study how to prepare and maintained RPMs I will let you know.
That would be great.

On another note, I want to thank you all for the warm welcome I received when I joined the list, this really was nice, I had a somewhat bad experience few years ago in an other open source community and was not sure what to expect here ...  well the feeling is really nice, thank you !
Communicating with potentially everybody on the internet is tough. Conventions of welcoming behaviour differ quite considerably, but most of the time, intentions are good.

Hope this helps.
Best regards.

Sébastien