Constantly changing the name/command of the package manager seems like a
huge annoyance to end users at best, and a point of discouragement at worst.

Think about all the guides that can be found via search engines for how to
do things in a given OS.  If we're constantly changing the package
manager/command, even if syntax is similar or identical, it's raising the
bar of entry for inexperienced users.

For this reason I think it makes far more sense to let "dnf5" eventually
just become "dnf" even if that means some features/flags are simply dropped.

--
Jonathan Wright
AlmaLinux Foundation