On Wed, Nov 02, 2022 at 04:45:41PM +0100, Petr Pisar wrote:
> Hello module maintainers,
>
> do you know intents
> <https://github.com/fedora-modularity/libmodulemd/blob/8f7543f712c4aeb8afd795cfc7c34ee8cbe05e67/yaml_specs/modulemd_defaults_v1.yaml#L25>?
> I believe you don't. Do you use intents? I hope you don't.
>
> In modularity, default streams and default profiles can be parametrized by
> a system role (purpose, variant, spin). Modularity calls it an "intent".
>
> Theoretically, if you install Fedora Workstation and then install a postgresql
> module, client libraries or tools for PostgreSQL could be installed. While
> installing the same module on a Server spin would instead install PostgreSQL
> server.

Or, for example, if we had a "personal productivity apps" module, and you
had KDE Plasma installed, you'd get a KDE-flavored set of these apps, while
if you had GNOME Shell you'd get gtk ones. :)

That said... obviously we didn't get there. So I am fine with dropping this
feature.

--
Matthew Miller
<mat...@fedoraproject.org>