Hello folks,

for a couple of years now, I've been interested in the Fedora package
review process. Our queue is in hundreds of waiting packages for as
long as I can remember. I believe the situation can be improved.

Since summer, I did ~40 package reviews to get a better grasp of the
situation and realized what I want to do.

I started working on a service [2] that listens to fedora-messaging
and for every new RHBZ review ticket or a new comment with updated
packages, it submits a build in Copr. Thanks to this [1] feature, Copr
automatically runs the fedora-review tool and generates the
review.txt file. Once the build is finished, my service gets the
message and generates a helpful comment (so far only to STDOUT).

**Unless there is general disapproval, I am planning to let it post
the comments to Bugzilla.**

So far the benefit is limited but, it still can immediately tell the
contributor that their package is broken and fails to build, and also
saves a reviewer the time of running the fedora-review tool
manually. However, I also implemented support for the fedora-review
tool to generate a JSON output next to the standard review.txt. The PR
is still pending [2], please review it if you can. Once this is
released, I can parse its contents and generate much helpful comments
for the contributors.

The end goal is to let contributors go back and forth against the CI
to fix the most obvious mistakes and then let the reviewers take
only the final look.

Hopefully, it will be a better experience for everyone.

[1] http://frostyx.cz/posts/running-fedora-review-after-copr-build
[2] https://github.com/FrostyX/fedora-review-service
[3] https://pagure.io/FedoraReview/pull-request/463

Jakub