On Thu, Dec 08, 2022 at 09:28:48AM -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:

> It shouldn't be too hard to try this out - it's just one setting in
> lorax somewhere, but I gave up on this alleyway before figuring out
> exactly where to set it.

You can use an un-documented lorax config file to set things, defaults
are here:

https://github.com/weldr/lorax/blob/master/src/pylorax/__init__.py#L111

pass the new config with '-c lorax.cfg'

A while back (year or two) I fiddled with settings and didn't find much
of an improvement.

The real problem here, as you have pointed out, is too much data.
There's just not much that can be done when more and more files are
crammed into the boot.iso

At one time I even experimented with a text-only installer image. IIRC
it only ended up being around 40M smaller so I gave up on that idea.

But now that this has come up again I wonder if there is some usefulness
to a no-firmware image for virt installs where none(?) of the
firmware files are used.

Brian

--
Brian C. Lane (PST8PDT) - weldr.io - lorax - parted - pykickstart