On Wed, 2022-11-23 at 15:08 -0500, Ben Cotton wrote:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/AutoFirstBootServices
>
> This document represents a proposed Change. As part of the Changes
> process, proposals are publicly announced in order to receive
> community feedback. This proposal will only be implemented if
> approved
> by the Fedora Engineering Steering Committee.
>

> == Summary ==
> Add {{package|fedora-autofirstboot}} to desktop variants to run a
> predetermined set of tasks on first boot after post installation,
> notably installing codecs and cleaning up installer packages from the
> installed system.
>
> == Owner ==
> * Name: [[User:Ngompa| Neal Gompa]]
> * Email: ngomp...@gmail.com
>

> == Detailed Description ==
> {{package|fedora-autofirstboot}} is a collection of scripts that
> invoke on firstboot of a freshly installed system to run a set of
> predetermined tasks. It also provides a framework for third-parties
> introduce their own firstboot tasks to run through this framework.
> The
> initial services included are to install OpenH264 and remove
> Anaconda.
>

> == Benefit to Fedora ==
> The main benefit is to smooth out the new user experience for new
> Fedora Linux installations. In particular, we can deal with a
> long-standing sticking point that Anaconda remains installed on the
> user's machine when it is not useful to do so.
Aren't some Fedora spins still using Initial Setup (not to be confused
with Gnome Initial Setup) ? That would get it removed as well, if the
anaconda package is uninstaled.

But I guess this new tool could be hooked only after Initial Setup has
finished running during the first boot - by which point it should by
fine to remove Anaconda & Initial Setup from the system.