On Fri, Dec 09, 2022 at 03:49:08PM +0100, Miroslav Suchý wrote:
> Dne 08. 12. 22 v 19:33 Adam Williamson napsal(a):
> >> On that note, /usr/share/doc, /usr/share/man, and /usr/share/info could be
> >> removed from the installer image if they are present.  That likely won't
> >> free
> >> a whole lot of space, but it's not nothing.
> > All of those are already stripped:
> > https://github.com/weldr/lorax/blob/master/share/templates.d/99-generic/runtime-cleanup.tmpl#L69
>
> Am I blind, or there is no removal of /var/cache/* ?

/var/cache doesn't need to be cleaned up, it only has directories
created by installing rpm packages. Remember, this is not the rootfs of
a running system, it is built by installing a pile of rpms and then
selectively removing bits and pieces of those rpms to try and trim the
size.

Brian

--
Brian C. Lane (PST8PDT) - weldr.io - lorax - parted - pykickstart