> Heya!

> - Many .spec files currently own subdirs of /var/run. These need to be
>    updated to %ghost those dirs only, so that the automatic removal of
>    these files/dirs on boot doesnt cause rpm to complain. The list of packages
>    which own such files/subdir you find on the aforementioned feature
>    page. I will mass-file bugs against these packages later tonight,
>    requesting the %ghosting of these entries. For more information on the
>    %ghost directive in .spec files see this page:
>

> http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm-snapshot/s1-rpm-inside-files-list-directives.html#S3-RPM-INSIDE-FLIST-GHOST-DIRECTIVE

I think this is not needed. Files in /var/lock and /var/run are already cleaned
by
rc.sysinit during boot process hence they should be already %ghost-ed now.

rpm doesn't complain on re-created directories:

# rpm -qf /var/run/abrt/
abrt-1.1.14-1.fc15.x86_64
# rm -rf /var/run/abrt/
# rpm -qV abrt
missing     /var/run/abrt
# mkdir /var/run/abrt/
# rpm -qV abrt
#

So it should be sufficient to include them in /etc/tmpfiles.d/...conf and leave
them as regular dirs in package.

This would have minimal impact to changes in .spec files (no new scriplets
needed) and also to configurations
without tmpfs on /var/{run,lock}

Petr
--